Drug and Alcohol Rehab in Sarasota, Florida
Instantly find your coverage information.
We'll be able to tell you if your insurance provider is in network with an American Addiction Centers treatment facility.
Where is Addiction Treatment Located in Sarasota, Florida?
According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), there are 555 rehabs in Florida, and there are 70 substance treatment facilities within 50 miles of Sarasota.3
One of these facilities near Sarasota, River Oaks Treatment Center in Riverview, an American Addiction Centers facility, offers customized treatment plans consisting of multiple levels of care to meet the needs of every individual.
What is the Cost of Rehab in Sarasota, Florida?
The cost of drug rehab in Sarasota varies depending on many factors, including the type of treatment rendered, the length of treatment, the amenities provided, and how you’re paying for treatment. When evaluating the cost of treatment, it’s important to choose the best program for your individual needs. While the cost of rehab can sometimes seem daunting, the costs of delaying treatment can be far greater. Specifically, people with substance use disorder, who continue to misuse substances, may incur more hospital bills, lost productivity and wages, and, potentially, legal fees.4 Don’t let the cost of rehab deter you from getting the treatment you need.
Does Insurance Cover the Cost of Rehab in Sarasota, Florida?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) expanded insurance coverage for substance use treatment for many Americans. Under the ACA, insurance companies must provide coverage for essential health benefits, which includes substance use treatment.5 The ACA does not specify which services must be included but requires that treatment for substance use be covered in a similar manner to other medical or surgical services.5
The majority of drug and alcohol rehab centers accept some form of health insurance. Within 50 miles of Sarasota, 53 treatment facilities accept private health insurance, 20 take Medicare, 31 accept Medicaid, 20 take state-financed insurance plans other than Medicaid, 28 accept federal military insurance, and 11 take Indian Health Service/Tribal funds.3
If you plan to use insurance to cover at least some of the cost of treatment, contact your provider to find out the specifics of what’s covered and for how long under you plan. You also want to understand your out-of-pocket costs, including co-pays and deductibles. Additionally, you can contact AAC to have them verify your insurance and help you understand your options.
Other Ways to Pay for Rehab in Sarasota, Florida
If you don’t have medical insurance, there are other options to help you pay for substance use treatment. Many drug rehab facilities in Sarasota offer services on a sliding scale—meaning fees are dependent on income and other factors—give a discount if you’re paying the full cost of treatment yourself, or provide payment plans, which allow you to pay a fixed monthly amount until the balance is paid. Additionally, 1 rehab center near Sarasota offers treatment at no charge for individuals who cannot afford it.
Many community resources in Sarasota can also help individuals who struggle with substance use. These resources include:
- Sarasota County Health and Human Services. In June 2021, the Sarasota County Commission created a Mental Health Dependent Special District (MHDSD) to provide services, programs, and facilities for individuals in need of substance use disorder treatment and/or mental health illnesses. Services include employment/workforce training, family reunification, housing assistance, intensive case management, prevention, and transportation.
- Sarasota Coalition on Substance Abuse. Under the organization’s Community Awareness for Empowerment (CAFE) initiative, individuals can receive screenings and treatment.
- Florida Department of Children and Families. The Florida Department of Children and Families provides a list of entities and numbers to available programs in Sarasota County.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Sarasota and Manatee Counties. The Sarasota and Manatee chapter of NAMI provides mental health resources to individuals living in Sarasota, including services and programs for children and adolescents, crisis stabilization resources, employment and vocational support, financial and food assistance, walk-in clinics that provide free screenings and short-term counseling, crisis helplines, sober living facilities, and more.
- Alcoholics Anonymous Central Office of Sarasota-Manatee. There are many AA meeting options for individuals living in Sarasota.
- Suncoast Narcotics Anonymous. The Suncoast Area chapter of NA has meetings every day of the week in Sarasota.
- Cocaine Anonymous Florida Area. Find more than a dozen meetings each week dedicated to helping those who want to stop using cocaine or other narcotics.
- Al-Anon. The North Florida chapter of Al-Anon, the organization dedicated to helping the loved ones of those with alcohol use disorders, has meetings Monday through Saturday in Sarasota.
What Substance Addictions Do Sarasota Rehabs Treat?
Sarasota rehab facilities can treat a range of substance use disorders. These may include (but are not limited to):3
In addition, many Sarasota rehab centers offer specialized treatment for people with co-occurring mental health conditions. If you or a loved one received a mental health disorder diagnosis along with a substance use disorder diagnosis, it’s important to look for a rehab facility that specializes in this type of treatment. River Oaks Treatment Center, near Sarasota, treats co-occurring disorders with an integrated approach that treats the substance use and mental health disorders concurrently.
Additionally, many individuals in treatment benefit from specialized treatment tracks that tailor programming to meet their unique challenges. These groups may include pregnant/postpartum women and active-duty military. River Oaks offers specialized programs for Veterans, first responders, healthcare and other licensed professionals, and those in the LGBTQ+ community.
Types of Addiction Treatment Offered in Sarasota, Florida
When evaluating your options for rehab in Sarasota, it’s important to consider the many different types of treatment available. Your primary care physician, mental healthcare provider, or addiction treatment specialist can perform a thorough evaluation to assess your needs and recommend a treatment plan for you, which depends on several factors, including the substances involved, the extent of your substance use, co-occurring mental health conditions, and more. Additionally, other factors related to home and work life play a role in determining the best treatment option for you.
Treatment may begin with medically managed detox, which allows the body to safely rid itself of the substances while healthcare professionals manage your withdrawal symptoms, keeping you as comfortable as possible. Detox is often the first step in a more comprehensive treatment plan, which can take place in a variety of settings, including:
- Inpatient or residential treatment. Inpatient and residential care involves living at the facility for the duration of the treatment program, which could last anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. Treatment includes 24-hour monitoring and care, and a combination of individual and group counseling, behavioral therapies, psychoeducation, and more.
- Outpatient treatment. Outpatient programs, which vary intensity and duration, allow you to continue living at home or in a sober living environment while you attend counseling, therapy, and other sessions at the facility.
Some individuals may start in an inpatient program and then transition to an outpatient program. Regardless of the setting, you can expect to participate in several different forms of therapy and other types of interventions during your treatment program, which may include:6
- Individual therapy. Individual therapy often involves evidence-based behavioral therapies, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Group therapy. Led by a trained clinician, group therapy adapts the more established behavioral treatments, such as CBT and contingency management to group settings.
- Family therapy. Family members can play a critical role in motivating you to remain in treatment and can also strengthen and extend treatment benefits.
- Medication for addiction treatment. Some medications can block the effects of certain substances and prevent cravings. Thus, they may be used in the treatment for certain substance use disorders.
Additionally, some rehab facilities may offer additional amenities and wellness programs that encourage proper nutrition, exercise, and other healthy activities to promote a sober lifestyle.
How to Find Rehab Centers in Sarasota, Florida
When researching Sarasota treatment facilities, ask questions that will help you choose the right program. Remember, no one form of treatment is right for everyone. The more you can tailor your treatment program to your individual needs, the greater your likelihood of positive outcomes.
Before calling a rehab center, make a list of questions that are relevant to your needs and preferences for treatment, including:
- What licenses does the facility have?
- Is the facility in-network with your health insurance provider?
- If you don’t have insurance, what sort of payment options does the facility offer?
- What sort of therapies are used during treatment?
- How long do treatment programs typically last?
- Does the facility re-evaluate and restructure treatment programs as needed to meet the changing needs of patients?
- Does the facility offer treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders?
- What sort of amenities are offered at the treatment center?
- Does the facility offer programming for specific needs or populations, such as Veterans, first responders, or LGBTQ+ populations?
- What type of aftercare programs and services are offered?
Contact American Addiction Centers if you need help finding a Sarasota rehab center. We have facilities throughout the country that offer the highest level of care. Talk to one of our knowledgeable and compassionate admissions navigators, who can listen to your story, answer your questions, explain your options, and help you find treatment that meets your needs so you can begin your recovery journey.