California Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment Centers
We'll be able to tell you if your insurance provider is in network with an American Addiction Centers treatment facility.
California rehab centers boast some of the nation’s best drug and alcohol rehab detox services on the west coast. Whether you or someone you love is looking for a qualified, compassionate, and accredited rehab program, let American Addiction Centers be the first step on the road to recovery.
Where is Treatment Located in California?
Popular locations for rehab centers in California include Orange County, San Diego County, Los Angeles County, and the Bay Area. Many of these facilities are located around major cities, but you can also find treatment in nearly every part of the state, from the Central Valley, to the Inland Empire, and even to remote parts of Northern California.
Our California Rehab Center
Laguna Treatment Hospital also offers co-occurring disorder rehab treatment and intensive live-in rehabilitation for those suffering from substance use disorders and other co-occurring mental health conditions in California.
Does Insurance Cover Drug & Alcohol Rehab in California?
Yes, plenty of rehab programs in California accept forms of in-state and out-of-state insurance plans. For example, AAC’s Southern California rehab, Laguna Treatment Hospital, is in-network with Anthem Blue Cross and many other insurance companies, such as Kaiser Permanente, United Healthcare, and more. AAC also offers a self-payment option and may work with patients to set up affordable payment plans if necessary.
More than half of rehab facilities in California accept private insurance, over 80% accept cash or self-payment, over 30% accept Medicaid, and more than 60% offer a sliding scale payment system.1
Do Rehab Centers in California Treat Alcohol & Drug Addiction?
California rehabs treat people addicted to substances such as alcohol, cocaine, stimulant medications, prescription opioids, heroin, and other illegal opioids. Some rehabs may also treat those with behavioral addictions.
A large fraction of those who suffer from addiction also struggle with one or multiple mental health disorders, such as depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder. Many rehab centers in the state of California, including Laguna Treatment Hospital, can also treat co-occurring conditions with an integrated approach and evidence based care that addresses both disorders simultaneously.
We’re currently available to talk to you in private about finding addiction treatment in California. Give us a call at There, an admissions navigator is ready to listen to your story, help you create a treatment plan, verify your insurance over the phone, and tell you more about our substance abuse treatment program in California.
Take Our Substance Abuse Self-Assessment
Take our free, 5-minute substance abuse self-assessment below if you think you or someone you love might be struggling with substance abuse. The evaluation consists of 11 yes or no questions that are intended to be used as an informational tool to assess the severity and probability of a substance use disorder. The test is free, confidential, and no personal information is needed to receive the result.
Other Addiction Help Resources in California
- State-licensed residential facilities and/or certified alcohol and drug programs: Browse a list of non-medical alcoholism and drug recovery treatment facilities from the California Department of Health Care Services.
- Northern California Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous: Find meeting information and other resources for AA in Northern California.
- Los Angeles Alcoholics Anonymous: Find a meeting in LA.
- Orange County Alcoholics Anonymous: Find a meeting in Orange County.
- AA San Diego County: Find a meeting in San Diego.
- Northern California Region of Narcotics Anonymous—Locate NA meetings in Northern California.
- Southern California Region of Narcotics Anonymous—Locate NA meetings in Southern California.
- California Youth Crisis Line: A 24/7, 365 hotline for youth and families in crisis
Find Drug & Alcohol Treatment Centers Near You
FAQ About Drug & Alcohol Rehab Treatment in California
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. 2017 State Profile—United States and Other Jurisdictions: National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS).
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2017). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS): 2005-2015.
- California Health Care Foundation. (2018). California Healthcare Almanac.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2020) California Opioid-Involved Deaths and Related Harms.
- California Legislative Information. (2020). Assembly Bill No. 75.
- California Courts; The Judicial Branch of California. (2020). Drug Courts.
- California Courts; The Judicial Branch of California. (2020). Proposition 47: Safe Neighborhoods and Schools Act.