Alcohol and Drug Rehab in Denton, TX
Instantly find your coverage information.
We'll be able to tell you if your insurance provider is in network with an American Addiction Centers treatment facility.
Where Can You Find Addiction Treatment in Denton, TX?
Texas is home to more than 450 rehab facilities, many of which are situated near major metropolitan areas such as Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio.1 In fact, in 2020, Texas ranked within the top 10 states in terms of the number of rehab facilities.2
Located a mere 45 minutes north of downtown Dallas, Denton benefits from its proximity to Dallas-Fort Worth, as more than 100 rehabs can be found within 50 miles of Denton.1 While some rehabs specialize in a particular level of care, others such as Greenhouse Treatment Center—a leading provider of evidence-based care in a luxury atmosphere—offer a full spectrum of care.
How Much Does It Cost to Go to Rehab in Denton, TX?
The cost of drug and alcohol rehab in Denton, Texas, can vary depending on multiple factors. For example, an inpatient program with 24/7 support and room and board will cost significantly more than an outpatient program. Plus, the longer your duration of stay, the more it will cost.
Thus, factors that affect the cost of rehab in Denton and elsewhere include:
- Level of care (e.g., inpatient, outpatient, detox, Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), etc.).
- Treatment center amenities.
- Treatment duration.
- Facility location.
- Payment type (e.g., health insurance, out-of-pocket, sliding-fee scales, etc.)
- Your insurance policy (if any).
The best way to determine exactly how much you’ll pay is to contact each facility directly. For example, the free and confidential admissions navigators at Greenhouse Treatment Center can not only verify insurance benefits but also discuss other ways to pay for treatment. Available 24/7 at , admissions navigators can also listen to your story, discuss treatment options, and simply answer your questions.
Does Insurance Pay for Rehab in Denton, TX?
Thanks to regulations such as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA), insurance typically covers rehab in Denton, TX, to some extent.3,4 The ACA requires that insurance companies cover all essential health benefits, including mental health and substance use disorder (SUD) treatment.3 The MHPAEA secures your access to equal addiction and mental health benefits by preventing health insurance companies from imposing unfavorable benefit limitations.4
Of the 107 treatment facilities within 50 miles of Denton, the following number accept the respective type of are:1
- Private health insurance: 82.
- Medicaid: 67.
- Medicare: 43.
- Tricare: 35.
- IHS/Tribal funds: 8.
Also note that some facilities take multiple types of insurance. For example, Greenhouse Treatment Center accepts payment from the following carriers among others:
- Carelong Behavioral Health (formerly Beacon).
- Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Molina Healthcare.
- Oxford Health Plan.
Types of Addiction Treatment in Denton, TX
Addiction treatment looks different for everyone. What works for one person may not work for another, so multiple levels of care are available in different settings to fit your needs.5
Common types of addiction treatment you may find in a Denton rehab center and elsewhere include:5
- Detox. Many people attend medically managed detox to withdraw from substances. Detox offers 24/7 care and supervision to keep the patient as safe and as comfortable as possible.
- Inpatient or residential rehab. Inpatient rehab provides a safe, supportive environment featuring 24/7 continuous care. Inpatient facilities offer therapeutic interventions, such as individual counseling, psychoeducation, and group therapy, to build relapse-prevention skills and promote long-term recovery.
- Outpatient programs. Compared to inpatient care, utpatient programs offer a less intensive level of care but similar treatment approaches. However, patients live at home while in treatment. Outpatient programs vary in intensity and include traditional outpatient care, Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOPs), Partial Hospitalization Programs (PHPs), telehealth, and more.
- Addiction aftercare. Mental health professionals recommend some type of aftercare following inpatient and/or outpatient treatment. Several aftercare and transitional services are available, including sober living, 12-Step programs, and continued therapy.
The following stats provide some perspective on the number of facilities available within 50 miles of Denton:1
- 23 outpatient detox facilities.
- 10 hospital detox facilities.
- 18 inpatient rehabs.
- 97 regular outpatient programs.
- 66 IOPs.
- 15 PHPs.
How to Pay for Rehabs in Denton, TX
While insurance is a viable way to pay for some or all treatment costs, several other payment options exist. They include:
- Self-pay. Many people pay for rehab using cash, credit, or loans.
- Payment plans and sliding fee scales. Some rehabs offer payment plans where patients pay a fixed monthly amount for the cost of rehab until the balance is paid off. Other facilities adjust fees based on income. However, patients might need to qualify for these programs.
- Local, state, or federal funding. Some organizations provide grants and scholarships for eligible patients. For example, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) offers block grants to cover some addiction treatment costs.
- Low cost/free rehabs. Most U.S. states provide low-cost or free treatment programs. Access to these services often depends on your eligibility.
Insights from the 2020 The National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS), reveal that more than 210 Texas treatment facilities offer care at no charge or for minimal payments for individuals who can’t pay for treatment.2 And data on FindTreatment.gov indicates that more than 140 treatment facilities in Texas offer payment assistance and/or sliding fee scales.1
What Addictions Are Treated at Denton Rehabs?
Texas rehab facilities typically treat a range of addictions such as those related to:
Along with substance use disorders (SUD), some rehabs–such as Greenhouse Treatment Center–also treat for co-occurring disorders, which is when a person has both an SUD and a mental health disorder such as anxiety, depression, or bipolar disorder. Treating both conditions concurrently is best practice to promote long-term recovery.5
How to Find Rehab Centers in Denton, TX
A host of drug and alcohol rehabs are available in Texas, and Greenhouse Treatment Center is certainly a viable and well-respected option. Admissions navigators at can assist you in assessing whether this facility meets your needs. Plus, they can verify your insurance, or you can do so via an online form.
If Greenhouse doesn’t seem like a fit, search FindTreatment.gov for additional options. Its search tool allows you to filter by location, treatment types, and countless other factors. Also check out “How to Choose a Rehab Facility” for a handy list of questions to ask and things to consider as you choose a facility.
And remember, the best facility for you and your unique situation may not be next door. In fact, some people purposefully attend rehab out of state to remove themselves from localized triggers that can hinder their recovery. To explore your options outside of Texas, contact American Addiction Centers, the parent company of Greenhouse. Staff at are available 24/7 to help you take your first steps toward recovery today.