Hal McCard brings nearly three decades of experience designing effective legal solutions for nonprofit and for-profit healthcare organizations to American Addiction Centers (AAC). He’s worked as in-house and outside counsel and has a deep understanding of healthcare operations, regulatory compliance, and complex litigation. He established the legal department for Quorum Health Corporation, a spin out of Community Health Systems (CHS), and served as its first General Counsel, after serving as Deputy General Counsel of CHS.
He also held a number of leadership positions with the American Health Law Association, and served on the Board of Directors from 2016-2022, after serving as the Chair of the Hospitals and Health Systems Practice Group from 2012-2015. He is a frequent speaker and author on healthcare regulatory topics.
Credentials & Education
- A.B., Psychology, Princeton University
- J. D. The Walter F. George School of Law, Mercer University
- American Health Law Association
- Federation of American Hospitals
- Bar Admissions, Georgia, Louisiana, Tennessee, and Texas (inactive)
- Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, Quorum Health Corporation
- Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, Operations, Community Health Systems, Inc.
- Vice President & Associate General Counsel, Community Health Systems, Inc.
- General Counsel, Ridgeview Institute, Inc.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Governance and Public Company Board Advice and Counsel
- SEC and NYSE Regulatory Compliance
- Federal and State Hospital and Health System Operations and Regulations
- Clinical Network Integration
- Fraud and Abuse
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Physician and Vendor Negotiation and Contracting
- HIPAA and Medical Privacy
- Healthcare IT Negotiation and Contracting