Rocky Mountain HMO Insurance Coverage for Drug and Alcohol Rehab Treatment
Does Rocky Mountain HMO Insurance Cover Drug or Alcohol Rehab?
Rocky Mountain HMO provides coverage for a wide range of mental health, substance use disorder, and behavioral health services to its members who need drug or alcohol rehab treatment. If you have Rocky Mountain HMO health insurance, coverage levels may vary depending on your plan, but you can contact your carrier directly to learn more about your healthcare benefits. Here’s an overview of Rocky Mountain HMO and its many different health insurance plans.
About Rocky Mountain Health Plans
Rocky Mountain Health Plans (RMHP) was founded more than 40 years ago in Grand Junction, Colorado to provide innovative and quality healthcare coverage to state residents. RMHP and its affiliated entities serve more than 213,533 members, including Medicare, Medicaid, and CHP+ beneficiaries. RMHP offers its members a quality HMO plan that provides them with access to 2,687 primary care doctors, 8,356 specialists, and thousands of additional health providers. RMHP has partnered with United Healthcare to offer more affordable and accessible health care options to Colorado state residents.
AAC is in-network with Rocky Mountain HMO at many facilities. Your addiction treatment could be free depending on your policy and deductible.
Note: American Addiction Centers strives to provide you with the most updated information on each carriers’ addiction insurance coverage. However, policy changes and errors do occur. Please check with your insurance carrier directly to confirm coverage levels. AAC is not affiliated or endorsed by Rocky Mountain HMO or any of its licensees.
Rocky Mountain Coverage Levels and Coverage Plans
RMHP offers HMO plans for individuals and families, employers, and beneficiaries of Medicare, Medicaid, and CHP+.
Rocky Mountain Health Plans
Individual and family plans have each been assigned a certain level to comply with the Affordable Care Act:
- The Gold plan: covers approximately 80% of care and offers lower copayments and deductibles with higher monthly premiums.
- The Silver plan: covers approximately 70% of care and offers higher deductibles with varying premium levels.
- The Bronze plan: is the lowest in price and covers approximately 60% of care while offering higher copayments and deductibles.
RMHP members with Medicare may be eligible for one of 5 plans:
- The Green plan: offers annual maximum out-of-pocket coverage for annual physical, vision, and hearing exams, ambulance/emergency/urgent care, hearing aid benefits, and optional dental and vision plans and requires no referrals to specialists in-network.
- The Thrifty plan: offers all the same benefits of the Green plan, along with the Silver and Fit Exercise and Healthy Aging Program with a low-cost health club membership.
- The Standard plan: offers all the same benefits of the Thrifty plan with no medical deductible.
- The Plus plan: offers all the same benefits as the Standard plan and offers the lowest medical copays among all RMHP plans.
- The Basic plan: provides members with full access to the RMHP provider network, includes Care Management, and follows Original Medicare deductible and coinsurance, but does not include an annual physical exam or dental and vision coverage.
Health First Colorado (Colorado’s Medicaid Program)/CHP+ is Colorado’s state-sponsored health insurance plan. RMHP is the regional organization for Health First Colorado Members who live in Western Colorado and Larimer County and helps these members receive low-cost, high-quality health care. RMHP Prime provides healthcare services to adult members of Health First Colorado and some children with disabilities in certain counties on the Western Slope.
RMHP members who move outside of Colorado may be able to keep their benefits, depending on the requirements and service area of their RMHP plan.
How to Check Your Rocky Mountain Insurance Benefits
If you’re an RMHP member who recently enrolled in an RMHP plan, you’ll receive a Health Plan Guide that includes a Summary of Benefits. If you need a replacement Health Plan Guide, contact Customer Service at 970-243-7050 or 800-346-4643 (TTY: 711), Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time.
RMHP members with Medicaid who need a replacement Health Plan Guide can call 970-244-7912 or 888-282-1420 (TTY: 711), and members with CHP+ can call 970-244-7960 or 855-830-1563.
Alternately, you can create an online account with MyRMHP so you can log in and access your plan and benefits any time at your convenience.
What Does Rocky Mountain Addiction Treatment Include?
All RMHP members receive coverage for mental health and substance abuse services, including members with Health First Colorado in the regional organization who do not have RMHP Prime.
Rocky Mountain HMO gives its members access to addiction treatment and behavioral health services on behalf of the Health First Colorado Community Mental Health Services Program. A referral is not needed to access these services under Health First Colorado.
Addiction treatment and behavioral services that may be covered by Rocky Mountain HMO include:
- Alcohol and drug assessment
- Physical assessment of drug and alcohol detoxification
- Individual behavioral health counseling and therapy
- Group alcohol and drug counseling
- Alcohol and drug services
- Safety assessment for behavioral issues
- Level of motivation for treatment assessment
- Drug screening and monitoring
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Mental health assessment
- Inpatient hospital care
- Outpatient psychotherapy
- Group and family psychotherapy
- Outpatient treatment
- Medication management
- Dual diagnosis therapy
All addiction treatment services may require preauthorization by RMHP before you can receive coverage. In-network doctors can help you obtain preauthorization, though services provided by a non-participating provider may require you to initiate the preauthorization process.
To confirm your addiction treatment benefits with RMHP, contact Customer Service at 970-243-7050 or 800-346-4643 (TTY: 711), or log in to MyRMHP to view your benefits online.
Rocky Mountain HMO is devoted to helping Colorado residents —including those in need of mental health and substance abuse treatment—receive quality healthcare and improve their overall health and wellness. If you’re an RMHP member who needs help fighting addiction, understand that your plan may connect you with the treatment you need to experience a safe, successful recovery.